Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Beginning

Because there is always a beginning. Sometimes it can be a bit wishy washy. But not here. The start is time stamped by our friend the internet.

I've had a dance journal for years. It holds my notes from classes, workshops and the very occasional documented reaction to my own dancing and performances. A while back, like many dancers I'm sure, I started marking some of my favorite and inspirational YouTube videos online, both belly dance, other dance, and music. Well, some smart little blogger out there went and started organizing her internet obsessions (we'll call it research here) and I like it. So, what does any good simian, I mean belly dancer, do when they see something shinny that they like? Monkey see...

Consider this an archival project of bite-sized movements that make my brain, or heart, tic. Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment