Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Foggy Morning Rides with Ray Charles



Okay, I know I started this blog to put up mainly dance inspiring videos, but what can you do, it’s taking on a life of its own. I woke up this morning and jumped on my bike to ride from the Mission to China Beach. I beat Google’s prediction of a 39 minute ride arriving 6 minutes under.

A divine little ride it was. As I pulled out of the mission and stopped at the light on Market and Sanchez, I actually reached back to turn on my bike light due to the heavy fog in which I found myself. The light turned green and off I went only to follow behind a guy who had just turned onto the street with a small radio faintly blasting "I've got a woman." It brought a 7am smile right to my face. I did my best to stay right behind him, but there are moments that I question my old clunky bike's weight and loud gear shifting. We swung a left onto Waller Street while Mr. Charles told us how she gave him money, right up Pierce Street and he relayed how she was good to him, left on Haight Street and he delighted in the fact that she was still saving her loving just for him...

He finally got ahead of me -- bike guy, not Charles -- but I caught up with him again in the mist that surrounded the bike path of the Panhandle, only to go our separate ways once we hit Golden Gate Park. A beautiful early morning ride that brought me to lovely little China Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment