Wednesday, November 9, 2011

We can see the the ocean from here!

You all know I'm really into the ocean. I'm not sure I can live in a city without the ocean again. I am lucky enough to have an amazing group of friends from all walks of life that jump into the freezing sea with me at least once a week. We swim around with the dolphins and harbor seals and circle up once we reach our destination and give thanks to our mama ocean. A bit on the cheesy side I must admit, but there have been days where, no matter the lack of sleep, the grey weather, the low temperature of the bay waters, the intensity of the midweek hangover - that morning swim washes it all away and reminds me what its all about. Its a moment to forget all about yourself and everyone's hangups and let it all drift away. I always end my swim with a few minutes of floating: Golden Gate as the backdrop.



But we each need to find our own inspiration, sometimes its not easy. Maybe I have to find my own inspiration.

Kami turned me onto this band. It hasn't left my pandora station since.

No comments:

Post a Comment